A wedding is the most exciting event for a bride and her friends. Even though Indian weddings can be tedious with their days-long rituals, let’s face it, we all love dressing up for a wedding. Even more so when there are multiple occasions to dress up for, right? With the sangeet, mehendi, haldi and other rituals outside the actual wedding, there is more than one opportunity to wear all kinds of wedding attire. From traditional to western, there is no dearth of Indian wedding dresses for girls that you can explore.
Nowadays, young brides are embracing trendy designs while still maintaining traditional silhouettes. Some stick to their traditional roots with a red saree but drape it in a modern fashion, while others give a modern twist to their lehenga choli by wearing it as a gown. Whichever style you fancy, here are some wedding dresses for girls to give you ideas for your wedding.
Wedding Dresses For Girls To Kickstart Your Wedding Shopping
- Old School Red Silk Saree: It’s common among South Indian brides to wear a red silk saree, and if you’re feeling like getting in touch with old-school fashion, a red pure silk saree with gold borders is a good idea. Bonus points if the saree comes with intricate zari work patterns. Pair it with a contrasting purple silk blouse, and deck it up with a gold belt to complete the look.
- Onion Pink Lehenga: If a red lehenga, which is the most common type of wedding dresses for girls, is too bright for your style, you can go for a gorgeous onion pink lehenga with intricate stonework detailing. The lehenga bedecked with a shimmery layer of stonework embroidery will grab attention in one glance.
- White Sequins Net Lehenga: Have you watched western rom-coms, in which the bride wears a beautiful white gown, and have always dreamed of wearing something similar? Well, why not combine the elegance of a western white wedding dresses for girls with the opulence of an Indian lehenga to make an immaculate white lehenga? This exceptional piece in white is sure to bedazzle anyone who lays eyes on you.
- Shimmery Green Gown: A shimmery green gown, is the perfect piece for you to bring out your inner debutante. Picture yourself walking across the stage in this bottle green dress with the lights reflecting off of the sequins. It’s certainly a ravishing sight that people won’t be able to stop staring!
- Dark Velvet Cutdana Lehenga: If a regal look is what you’re aiming for, a dark multi-coloured velvet lehenga bedecked with cutdana embroidery, hits the bullseye. The stunning artistic work on the lehenga offers the perfect limelight for the bridal glow. It is graceful and the ultimate pick if you want to feel like royalty. This lehenga is sure to have people gushing over your sultry beauty.
- Pastel Lavender Ruffle Gown: This lavender organza silk gown comes with dramatic ruffles interlaced with delicate stonework embroidery. The ruffles on one shoulder just add to the overall dramatization of the dress. It’s ideal for those who like being extra and thrive when they’re in the spotlight. With a dress like this, you’ll be the talk of the town!
- Dark Gray Lehenga With Mirror Work Embroidery: Who says gray is dull? A fine example of how to make dark gray pop with colour and come to life is in the form of this lehenga. The intricate mirror work and colourful embroidery add to the grandeur of the lehenga, making you look absolutely scintillating. Indian weddings are a colourful affair and this lehenga fits the bill.
- Mustard Yellow Silk Saree: A mustard yellow banarasi saree etched with zari work, like the one shown below, is ideal for your haldi function. Pair it with a contrasting green or pink silk blouse to complete the ensemble. A simple yet shimmery choice like this is bound to leave you glowing!
- Pastel Blue Saree: This pastel blue saree adorned with delicate Gota Patti embroidery exudes elegance and perfection. It’s low-maintenance, budget-friendly, and just right for a pre-wedding function. It has the perfect amount of shimmer without overwhelming your eyes. You can pair it with a white sequined blouse for contrast.
- Midnight Blue Gown With Gold Patterns: A navy-blue georgette designer gown with printed gold patterns is just what you need for the mehendi function or any other pre-wedding event in the evening. It’s the perfect blend of western and desi styles and feels light and breezy to wear. It’s just simply marvellous!
Explore More Articles: Dresses Made From Old Sarees | Unique Dupatta Draping Styles For Lehenga | Maharashtrian Saree Look | Lehenga Type Saree | Traditional Bengali Saree Style | Sarees For Dark Skin Tone
Wedding Dresses For Girls
It’s better to be spoiled for choice than to have limited options. You’ll make a phenomenal bride with any of our wedding dresses for girls. Now all that’s left to do is to pick the ones that suit your personal style and make a grand entrance at your wedding. With so many gorgeous dresses to choose from, whichever outfit you wear, you’ll be a radiant sight!
Frequently Asked Questions on Wedding Dresses For Girls
What can girls wear for weddings?
The Indian wedding fashion scene has evolved to include styles for every woman. Girls have lehengas, gowns, suits, and sarees to choose from, and can style them to suit their personalities. We recommend wearing an embroidered lehenga for the wedding reception, a formal saree for the wedding, and fun and glamorous dresses for non-wedding function
Which dress is trending now for marriage?
A gown that is the right blend of desi design with western silhouettes are gaining popularity as young women these days find it hard to choose between a western dress and a desi lehenga for the wedding look.
Which dress is suitable for a slim girl?
A lehenga with a short blouse would suit a slim girl. A saree would also suit a slim girl as a saree would sit perfectly around the curves, highlighting their figure.