You need not be a zero-size figure to flaunt your fashion sense. Whether you are plus-sized or not, there’s a lehenga for every body shape. And making it fashionable is easy. Buying the perfect overweight plus size lehenga is all about flaunting your curves and hiding your flaws.
In this article,
The key to looking gorgeous in a lehenga is to choose an appropriate colour and style that elevates your contour. Years ago, stylish lehenga for plus size women was unavailable but today there are many fashionable options available to you.
Having confidence in yourself and in what you are wearing plays an important role in putting your best fashionable foot forward. An overweight plus size lehenga is no longer something shameful. Instead, let your inner diva free by elevating your style. Buy a lehenga for plus size girls that matches your style effortlessly.
Tips to choose the perfect plus size lehenga
Give yourself the confidence to wear your plus size lehenga well by adopting the following tips and tricks.
- A lot depends on choosing the right fabric. Georgette, chiffon, and net are best suited for plus size women. They fall easily because they are not thick fabrics ensuring you have a svelte silhouette. Explore: Net Lehenga | Designer Lehenga
- Another style tip is to choose darker colours. Deep hues like midnight blue, deep red, maroon, and ever-lovely black ensure that your silhouette appears elongated and slim. These colours play with light and shadows creating a soft, feminine yet structured appearance. Explore: Green Lehenga | Yellow Lehenga | Peach Lehenga
- The foremost styling tip when buying a lehenga for plus-sized women is to maintain the balance between the upper and lower body. A high-waisted lehenga adds more height to your stature and will give you a slim look. Figure out your body type first before buying a bridal lehenga or a lehenga for a bridesmaid.
- You can include long jackets with an open slit in the middle to make your plus size lehenga visually appealing. The key to appearing smaller is to provide visual relief. If you are looking for a lehenga for plus size girl, designers have several ideas to keep your ensemble interesting while providing you with a svelte silhouette.
- A double dupatta is another way to hide the flaws in your midsection. Choose a contrast-coloured dupatta for interesting results. For example, if you have a deep blue lehenga opt for the same shade dupatta to go over your head and back while choosing a semi-transparent net fabric across the body.
- Chose light designs and vertical lines of embroidery to create the illusion of a smaller silhouette. Keeping it light is always a great hack, be it fabric or design. Heavy fabric will add additional weight to your silhouette.
- The neckline of your choli plays a prominent role in balancing the ensemble. Choose blouses that have deep necks for the most versatile look. Replace your sleeveless cholis with sheer full-sleeve blouses as they help balance the outfit.
- Unless your outfit calls for it, choose light accessories to ensure your outfit is the focus of the limelight. Big chunky accessories might make you look heavier while detracting from the beauty of your outfit.
- Choose monochrome colours for a stunning look. It lengthens your silhouette, magically removing the pounds. Dark colours also keep the pounds off and make you look even more svelte.
- You can choose lehengas that have only 9, not 12, kalis or panels and opt out of the cancan skirt. This will help take off the pounds if you have a pear-shaped body shape. Pair the lehenga skirt with a boat neck blouse to achieve that balance.
- Avoid large prints or motifs. Embroidery in small motifs is better. Jaal is preferred over butti-type embroidery as it provides a slimming effect. Embroidery in the form of vertical lines helps keep the overall look graceful and lithe.
The minute we learn that we are going to be brides, the prominent question that haunts our mind is to lose weight. That’s a notion every woman has, but keep in mind that being slim is not the criteria for anything. Moreover, a woman with curves looks amazing and perfect. Choosing the perfect plus size lehenga is easy when you have the right knowledge to ensure you can flaunt your confidence in style. Remember, to feel confident you have to be comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions on Plus Size Lehenga
How can I wear a lehenga to look slim?
The best way to look slimmer in a lehenga is to ensure you are wearing the right lehenga style in a slimming colour made from a material that falls well. For example, wearing a long-sleeved blouse in georgette or net fabric with a deep V-neck will help balance your silhouette. You can also drape your dupatta in a way that hides any problem areas.
How can I hide my lower belly fat while wearing a lehenga?
You can find lehenga skirts that fan out from the waist in a flattering manner. You can also wear your dupatta in such a way that it covers your lower belly. Even better would be to wear two dupattas, one that falls from your head over your back and the other draped across your torso, hiding your belly.
How do you handle a heavy lehenga?
A heavily embroidered lehenga must be balanced by the choli and dupatta. A plain blouse will pair well with a lehenga skirt that has a lot of heavy work on it. For plus-size women, a heavy lehenga tends to add to their bulk. One way to slim the silhouette is by lengthening it. A stylish updo hairstyle will add the required height to balance out any extra pounds. Similarly, a heavy lehenga without a cancan underskirt will help it to fall around the hips gracefully.